Beauty

Beauty

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

CELL PHONES AFFECT BRAINWAVES


Cell Phones can cause headaches and disrupt sleep patterns.  This discovery was made at Michigan University and Karollinska Institute in Sweden. There were 71 participants who were studied and it was concluded that the radio-frequency emitted from cell phones caused headaches, dizziness, etc. What’s funny is that it doesn’t take a scientist to figure out that cell phones emit radiation which can alter your natural brainwaves, amongst other things. Anyone who knows about the brain knows that it also emits out waves (frequencies). Holding a device with a high frequency would obviously disrupt the waves your brain is sending out.
The brain is such a unique organ.  Its complexity makes it very unique.  Like I said above the brain also emits waves (frequencies). The brain sends out four types of waves: BetaAlphaTheta, and Delta.  Beta waves (approx. 13-30Hz) occur when you are alert; stress and anxiety usually happen during this state. Alpha waves (approx. 7.5-13Hz) occur while daydreaming or in a deep relaxed state. Theta waves (approx. 4-7.5Hz) occur during light sleep or deep meditation. And finally Delta waves (approx. 5-4Hz) occur when the mind is in deep sleep. 
Everyday people are disrupting their natural brain waves by placing a cell phone near their head or just being next to another type of high frequency device (wireless router, etc.) which causes a whole lot of other issues.  Some of those issues could be lack of sleep, headaches or just feeling mentally tired in the morning and possibly throughout the day.  As you may have notice these high frequency devices are everywhere.  For example people who live in an apartment buildings.  They are constantly getting blasted with these waves without even knowing because of their neighbors!!
For a few years now, I've kept my cell phone on airplane mode when I am sleeping or have it in my pocket. And when I turn it on to make a call or check messages, I usually disable network access (internet). Frankly, I don't experience the headaches and dizziness like I used to. When I get an incoming call, I will put that person on speaker and keep the phone away from my head. I believe that cell phones can also disturb the body in other ways, but I'll save that for another topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment